Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Best Sentence I Have Read Today (and yes it is related to Superfreakonomics)

"Ancient Romans watched gladiators in much the same way that we read angry bloggers."

This is from Nathan Myhrvold former Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft.

The line refers to the controversies stirred up by Chapter Five of the sequel to Freakonomics, Superfreakonomics. Read more for yourself here.

I will soon write up a book review for a local paper here in Hong Kong (and yes it will be in English), hopefully soon. And yes I have read it already. My bottomline assessment: better than the last one.

1 comment:

said...

How come you can get the book in such a short time.

By the way, I am sure that you will talk about the debate on the climate chapter in your review?

(http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/superfreakonomics-on-climate-part-1/)