Friday, July 11, 2008

話家常

相識二載的 D 那天對我說,小時窮,買不起汽水;到今天四十多歲負擔得起, 卻出於健康理由很少喝 。

******************************

I know D back in my college days. Those were good times to say the least. We both were and still are deeply influenced by Professor Steven N S Cheung's works.

Funny thing is, we were not aware of each other's existence until one day, out of the blue, we bumped into each other in the elevator on our way to attend Professor Cheung's lecture. And I have to remind you as well that we were not students of HKU. We missed our classes just so we could attend Professor Cheung's lectures.


*****************************

My co-blogger Wayne Winegarden is coming to town (HK) next week, I am really looking forward to seeing him. Last time I saw Wayne was back in 2001 when he was working for Philip Morris. I was Wayne's roommate for a couple of years and did our Ph.D. thesis under the supervision of the same professor. I will take a day off work to spend time with my best buddy and his family.

No comments: